The Best Drugstore Makeup Ever! Part 3:Lips

What’s one thing that no girl can live without? Her lip glosses & lipsticks, of course! There’s just something about throwing on your favorite lip product, leaving your lips with a shiny and intriguing coat that woman
absolutely adore. But if you’re tight on money, you might think you have to live without. Think again! These are the Best Drugstore Makeup Ever Part 3: Lips! Here we will be talking all about lip products and offer beautiful shine, intense colors, and all for a price you can surely afford. Just in case you missed the previous posts you can catch up on them here! Part 1: Face, here and Part 2: Eyes, here. Shine on, girls!



The Best Tinted Lip Balm: I have never really been a chapstick kind of girl, but due to the winter weather it really takes a toll on my lips which is why I reached out for Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm. I own Red Dahlia and Sweet Violet. They are definitely on the sheer side, even for tinted balms. I do enjoy the coverage of the balms, as they tint my lips and brighten them up, rather than looking like I have product on my lips. 

Red Dahlia is more of a deep red with a bit of brown tones, and Sweet Violet is more of a bright rosy fuchsia with mauve undertones. Red Dahlia makes my lips look like they are naturally red, and Sweet Violet gives a sheer rosy fuchsia tint. They are moisturizing, unlike a lot of other tinted balms and glosses I've tried. Making my lips silky soft and it certainly beats carrying a mirror around for application, no mess included. 

The Best Jar Lip Balm: I love these little jars they're amazing I have the Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss. This is an affordable gloss with very subtle color and great flavor. It isn't sticky and is very hydrating. You get a good amount of quality product for your money with this. I keep a container of the Rose Kiss on my nightstand and use it every night before I go to sleep. This has kept me from waking up with super dry, chapped, or cracked lips ever since I started using it. They taste super yummy and leave your lips heavenly soft. But no matter which one Nivea Lip Butter you grab you really can't go wrong they're all quite amazing, you'll just have to try them out for yourself to find out what you've been missing!

The Best Lip Lacquer: Rimmel’s Apocalips Lip Lacquer has created quite a buzz in the beauty world! Rimmel describes this as bigger than a lip gloss or lipstick with rich color and a satiny shine. This conditioning lip gloss is available in eight different shades with pure color pigments. 

I love lip glosses because they provide color, shine and don’t feel super heavy like a lipstick can. Lip glosses also get a gold star for moisturizing our lips while making them look flirty! And this is by far is the best of both worlds with a great lip color pay off that looks great on everyone! I have to say that I am absolutely in love with Big Bang #400 its amazing, its color is just so beautiful!

The Best Lipstick: I own quite a few of the Wet n' Wild Mega Last Lipsticks and I gotta say that their strong points are the pigmentation. They are high end quality without the high end price tag! They truly are a great bargain even if you're not sure on which one to grab you really can't go wrong these are really great that come in a variety of colors


So many of these lipsticks are dupes for Mac and other famous brands of lipsticks. They are creamy when you first apply them and yet they dry matte, which is my favorite kind of lipstick. One of my very favorites are the Sugar plum Fairy and Barely Nude, which when applied with a chapstick prior they make for the perfect lip color that lasts a long time!



The Best Lip Gloss: I love the CoverGirl's LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm, I  have these gloss balms in Haute Pink Twist and Watermelon Twist these two add a nice pop of color to brighten my face without looking loud. I really like that these don't morph into a neon color (looking at you, Revlon just bitten balm stains, haha), but they don't dry out my lips, and they last a decent amount of time. They also don't leave behind a stain after the color wears off like other jumbo balms do, but it doesn't really bother me. Overall, I really enjoyed these and would purchase more of them the next time I'm looking to update my collection.

As always, I would love to hear what you guys think and what products you've tried and what one you'd recommend! Stay tuned for the final installment of the the Best Drugstore Makeup Ever series. Don't forget to share this post with your friends or family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
IFB

My Favorite Shops

My Favorite Clip-in Extensions!